Veterans Day falls on the same day as Remembrance Day and Armistice Day in other countries. Veterans those who have served the armed forces which include the Army, Navy, Marine corps, Air Force and the Coastguard. This Day is a federal holiday and many schools and offices have an off on this day. If it falls on Saturday either the same day or the preceding Friday and if on Sunday then the following Monday is given as a holiday.
Veterans Day 2020 Promotions
There are some Facebook pages created especially for Veterans Day. You can like and follow these pages receiving regular updates regarding the posts which are posted on Veterans Day. There are a lot of quotes available for free download on such pages. You can download the choice of your quotes from this blog.
Veterans Day Sermons Ideas
There are a lot of Veterans Day sermons ideas available for download various websites, blogs and Facebook pages. People browse a lot about Veterans Day on the internet. You can follow this blog for getting more ideas and information about Veterans Day. You can download the choice of your ideas from this blog.
Veterans Day 2020 Coupons | Coupon Code
People browse a lot about the History of Veterans Day. There is a lot of information available on different websites and blogs. You can also download Veterans Day quotes from such blogs and websites. Many American schools and offices have off on this day as it is a federal holiday. You can download the quotes of your choice from those posted below.
Veterans Day Fun Facts
Veterans Day is sometimes confused with Memorial Day. Many people have such misconceptions about this day. Memorial Day honors those who died while serving in the military and Veterans Day honors all those who have served in the U.S. military, alive and deceased. There are many such facts about Veterans Day.
- Veterans Day falls on the same day as Remembrance Day and Armistice Day in other countries.
- World War I formally ended on November 11th, at the 11th hour. It is also the 11th month.
- Originally, when known as Armistice Day, it was meant to honor those who died in World War I, but when it was amended in the early 1940s, it was changed to honor all the veterans who have served in the U.S. military.
- Raymond Weeks, a World War II veteran from Alabama, came up with the idea in 1945 to honor all veterans on November 11th, not just the ones who had lost their lives in World War I.
- Veterans Day celebrated on November 11th, is both a state and a federal holiday in the United States.
- Each year on Veterans Day there is a ceremony held in Arlington Cemetery to honor all who have died in the war.
- In 2011 it was estimated that approximately 8.1% of veterans in the United States are women.
- Approximately 35% of the veterans living today served in the United States military in the Vietnam War.